Beauty By Vee – Veronica Nguyen
Hey. I’m Veronica and I’m a part-time admin/marketing assistant, part-time beauty student, night-time blogger and full time make up and coffee lover.
10 Things About Me
- I’m 23 – born and bred in Sydney Australia with a Vietnamese background
- I have a big passion for writing and beauty so if I’m not in a make up store, you’ll see me in a book store
- I worked 5 years in the retail industry and would never go back
- I’m currently studying a Cert 3 in Make Up at Tafe
- I LOVE dogs and literally want a house full of them
- I’m obsessed with food and can eat anytime, anywhere
- My long-term goal is to open up my own beauty studio
- I have bitch face syndrome when I’m daydreaming but I promise I’m friendly!
- My guilty pleasure is watching trashy American reality TV shows #sorrynotsorry
- I’m an introvert until we become friends – then things can get a little wild!
I would spend hours and hours watching make up tutorials
Ever since I can remember, I had always had a love for beauty and hair – whenever we went to get our hair cuts, I would carefully watch the hairdresser – the way she holds the scissors, the way she’d clasp the hair between two fingers and snip away. When Youtube came along, the first ever videos I watched were Michelle Phan – I then found a deep love for make up. I would spend hours and hours watching make up tutorials and learning how to apply the perfect winged liner (still learning!) and how to make a smokey eye look good with a red lip (it’s possible).
After going to UNI for 4 years, I dabbled in all aspects of retail from customer service to online marketing, from photography to editing, from social media to content creation. Retail’s the worst but I have to admit, I learnt a whole heap of skills from it.
So why should you follow my blog?
Like I said, I’m not just a lifestyle blogger, I’m also a beauty student who’s looking to take on freelance make up as a career. If any job would make me 100% happy, it’d be make up and hair.
I’m a Sydney-based hair and make up artist (still learning) however do offer services for glamour, weddings and formals. I’ll also be doing eyelash extension and eyebrow waxing/feathering courses to add to my service list. If you’re in Sydney and need make up and hair services, I’m your gal! Check out my Instagram page @beautybyyvee for looks I’ve done in the past.
However, if you’re not based in Sydney, then my blog can offer all your beauty and lifestyle trends, reviews, seasonal make up looks, first impressions and more!
For my media kit, any inquiries or you simply want to say hi, simply email me at email@example.com 🙂